- CURRENT WORK IN PROGRESS -
I lot of the things I play around with are bascially digital versions of those funfair mirrors that squash or stretch your refection.
So I thought I'd make just that - a digital hall of mirrors. Starting with a digital kaleidoscope.
- Made with a second hand TV, Raspberry Pi computer and webcam.
- To be installed in locally in a spot yet to be confirmed. UPDATE: Just spoken to Mark from the Laurel and Hardy museum and he's keen so that looks like our venue! Excellent.
- Jennie suggested rebranding it as "Another Face Mess!" Nice!
Tweet thread with initial code experiments:
Notes on the making:
- Webcam + Raspberry Pi + old TV.
- I used Electron to bundle the website files into a standalone application to avoid using the browser directly -> so update notices etc won't pop up, and to make it easier to launch full screen at startup.
- I followed this excellent tutorial to set it all up: https://lucas-vogel.de/blog/perfect-electron/
- I added a on/off switch to make startup and shut down as easy as possible - for that I followed another wonderful tutorial here: https://howchoo.com/g/mwnlytk3zmm/how-to-add-a-power-button-to-your-raspberry-pi